An Amazing Crockpot Chili Recipe with Black Beans & Corn!
What You’ll Need…
- 1½ to 2 pounds of fresh, well marbled stew meat 1
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of salt, divided
- 24 ounces of high quality beef broth
- 1 fifteen ounce can of diced tomatoes (not drained) 2
- 1 fifteen ounce can of black beans (well drained)
- 1 fifteen ounce can of whole corn (also well drained)
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic (or 6 garlic cloves, well minced)
- 2 chopped green bell peppers
- 1 chopped large onion (any type)
- Chili powder to taste 3
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- ¼ teaspoon all spice (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne (red) pepper 4
1. I believe that having a bit of fat in any dish enhances the flavor. However, if you are restricting fat for whatever reason, substituting 93/7 ground beef or ground turkey is quite acceptable.
2. I prefer Italian style tomatoes as I feel it , too, enhances the flavor, but any type will do nicely.
3. This will normally be 2 to 4 teaspoons, depending on how spicy you want the finished dish to be…
4. Again, this is subjective…but this is a very powerful spice, so be careful until you know your family’s tolerance level.
What to do…
- Combine meat, garlic powder, black pepper, and 1 teaspoon of salt in a skillet and saute’ until meat is browned.
- Add the mixture to your slow cooker
- Add the other ingredients and give it all a stir to begin blending the flavors…
- Depending of your time frame, cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or (my preference) low for 7 to 8 hours
Serve with a selection of sour cream, cilantro, and your favorite shreaded cheese as garnish.
Serves 6 to 10
If you love using your slow cooker even nearly as much as I do, you really should check out The Crock Pot Girls website where they have a 500 slow cooker recipe cookbook available.
I have it and, although I haven’t made anything close to all of their recipes, the ones that I have tried were delicious.
To check it out for yourself >> Click Here…